I have been counting down the days since October. Now, here we are, a mere 7 days away.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 9:21 AM
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Friday was good. My Dear Nathan finally made it home. We ordered some food, had our family over for drinks and just enjoyed his birthday.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 8:40 PM
Thursday, September 09, 2010
Today is not supposed to be this way.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 4:58 PM
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Where has time gone?? September already. I am not entirely disappointed about this because I have been waiting for September for some time now. Only 20 more days and I am off to Florida with My Dear Nathan. Just the 2 of us. I am giddy just thinking about it.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 12:09 PM
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Poor, poor neglected blog. Yet another thing that goes with minimal care taking. I apologize....from me at least. I can't apologize for those that think that I am some sort of mystical healing fountain in which to dump all their crap in.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 2:12 AM
Friday, May 21, 2010
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 11:51 AM
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Scene: Kaiden is crying after having a door nip his finger tip.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 10:43 AM
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
On our recent trip to Arizona I was so excited that I was going to be able to bring home some beer. My favorite beer is called Blue Moon. It is sooooo yummy!! Being that we were driving in an RV with a bunch of crap that was staying in Arizona I thought to fill up all that space with large amounts of cheap U.S. alcohol.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 9:59 AM
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Short and sweet today.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 11:44 PM
Thursday, March 18, 2010
This week has seen some exciting things happen....
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Finally.....this week seems to be taking forever to get through. I have been extra busy doing some research on what is looking like our next big family adventure. I will fill you in when final decisions have been made. It is a big one though.
Monday, March 08, 2010
Here it is, another start to the week. Hoping for a good start and an even better week.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 9:07 AM
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I have received my cell phone bill for the month. Since the beginning of the year I have paid over $750.00 in cell phone bills. Of that total $250.00 of it is for my iphone. The other $500.00????? My daughter. My daughter who is in so much trouble right now that I can barely look at her.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 1:08 PM
Monday, February 22, 2010
I had a childless weekend and it was spectacular!!! I drove to my parents Thursday night, arriving around 11 pm. I decided to drive that night as I wasn't tired and being that I am never guaranteed a good night sleep I thought I better go while I knew I would stay awake.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Family Day was pretty uneventful around here. It involved sleep and the Olympics. Our whole weekend involved the Olympics. Since they have started we have not watched anything else. It is so exciting to see our athletes doing well and hey, look at us with 4 medals already!! Go Canada Go!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I forgot to mention.....I had so much food for Super Bowl Sunday....like enough to feed an army. With cheese. And bacon. And fattening in it.
We have a tooth finally! I may not be saying yay the first time Kaiden decides to try out his little chomper on me but for now we are happy that it has finally arrived.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
I just want you to tell me what you think....
Friday, February 05, 2010
Thursday, February 04, 2010
This is how Roo insists that her Daddy told her how to spell bunny. She will hear no part of b-u-n-n-y.....her Daddy said ubma!
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Check this out!
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Tuesday. That means it is weigh in day. I did not have a stellar weekend. Mostly because I drank too much beer and didn't eat enough. It is also hard to eat properly when you are sleeping, another thing that I did quite a bit of this weekend. I need the sleep though. I love my Tiny Man but he needs to start sleeping better before I have to check myself into a looney bin.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I had my Weight Watchers meeting tonight. In week 1 I lost 1.6 lbs. Not bad. It is a healthy weight loss and still puts me on track for a goal that I set for myself. I would like to be down 5% of my weight by my birthday.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 10:40 PM
Monday, January 25, 2010
Yesterday my Tiny Man turned 7 months old. He decided to put his party pants on and keep me up until almost 4:00. Good thing he is cute because I was tired and would not have put up with that from just anyone. Oh well, we watched The Great Escape on television. That Steve McQueen, he was so macho! :D
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 2:56 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I did it on Tuesday. I waffled right up until the time that I was leaving on whether or not I was going to go to that Weight Watchers meeting. I had all sorts of excuses...I don't have money today. Even if I have money today if I don't commit to it I will just be wasting money. I ate bad things today, I will start tomorrow and be prepped for next week. It is snowing. It is cold. It is winter. I have a baby at home....and so on and so on. But I did it. I just went.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 7:46 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
I have to do it. I have to. I am going to bite the bullet and go back to Weight Watchers. I have had success when I have done Weight Watchers but then I get complacent and quit, thinking that I can do it on my own. I can't. I admit it. I suck at trying to lose weight on my own.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 12:39 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010
This weekend definitely had some ups and some downs.
- My satellite radio being stolen out of my van. Now I am not sure why someone would steal it as it is no good to anyone else. It was not activated and has now been reported stolen making it impossible to activate it. They ripped the antenna so unless they have one...again though...no programming makes for a boring radio.
- My satellite receiver in the house is kaput. I have a new one coming via the insurance program I pay for but I am more than likely going to lose the programming that I had recorded on the hard drive. This makes me mad because there were pay per view movies on it that I haven't had a chance to watch with My Dear Nathan yet.
- Certain conversations that I had with Awesome-Father-In-Law and Awesome-Brother-In-Law. I really wish that they or us would move far away from each other so that I didn't have to deal with them. Every time I try to get somewhere with them, for the benefit of my kids, it goes nowhere. Oh well....I will not be the one who goes through life thinking that I am a good Grandpa/Uncle even though my grandchildren/nieces/nephew can't be bothered with me.
- My Dear Nathan was ever so helpful and put in some laundry for me. Down side of that...he overloaded the washing machine causing it to shake so bad that a full bottle of laundry soap fell on the floor and broke. Yay! I love gooey, soapy messes! :(
- Of minor consequence, both the Cardinals and the Cowboys lost this weekend. Those were both the teams in the NFC that I was hoping would win.
- My Dear Nathan being at home for an extra night this week.
- After taking her ipod to school when she wasn't supposed to and having it disappear, we got Camryn's ipod back, in complete working order.
- Going out for beer with My Dear Nathan.
- Our awesome weather. Warm and sunny in January makes for a happy Mamma Schmoo.
- My Dear Nathan cleaning behind the stove. A project which I have been wanting to get done but am unable to do alone due to the weight of my stove. While I slept in yesterday MDN did it for me.
- My Dear Nathan letting me sleep in. Although I am still up with Kaiden it is nice that I am allowed to sleep in after MDN gets up for his shift with our Tiny Man.
- It was nice of whomever stole our radio out of our van to leave all of our kid's DVDs. They are likely worth more than the radio is and would have been more expensive to replace.
- Knowing that My Dear Nathan may be working some 12 hour days soon. Since he is out of town he would prefer to be working as much as possible. 12 hour days make for nice paycheques.
- The Colts winning their game.
- The Chargers losing their game.
- Only 245 more days until Florida :)
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 7:24 AM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Last night was rough. Really rough. So rough that even now I still feel like crying. Kaiden was up all night. I am not sure what his deal is but the past few weeks have been horrible, sleep wise. I cannot get over how different he is from the girls. He is so busy. He hits, he pinches, he digs his toes into my leg. I spend all day feeling like he is beating the crap out of me and he isn't even 7 months old yet!!
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 10:36 PM
Monday, January 11, 2010
They are just not long enough. Especially when that is the only time that your family is together.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 11:42 PM
Thursday, January 07, 2010
So I have been doing some research on this sort of detox that we have been doing and apparently I shouldn't be doing it at all! Due to the fact that I am still breast feeding this is a little extreme in cutting back on the calories and other things necessary for me to breast feed. I am going to put this detox on hold until I have finished breast feeding but am committed to adding more fruits and veggies to my diet and cutting back on the things like caffeine and sugar. I was doing great but did find myself very hungry and I am not sure whether or not it was related but found that Kaiden was a tad bit dehydrated yesterday. :( I will update again on when we are going to give this a full go but I am in no way, shape or form going to quit breast feeding to do this. I worked too hard to breast feed my baby.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 12:18 AM
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
She has done a "things that made me smile today" list here.
- My baby falling asleep while nursing
- Darian and Camryn trying new foods with me
- The sound of my husband's voice
- Roo doing her Wall-E impression
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 10:32 PM
On December 24 Kaiden celebrated his half birthday! I can't believe that time is flying by so quickly.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 6:07 PM
Saturday, January 02, 2010
Here we are in a new year and a new decade. I guess it is time to make some changes around here. I am hoping that this year will be a great one. 2009 was a good year, with the inevitable ups and downs. I fell in love with another man, lived with 1 too many of My Dear Nathan's brothers, travelled to my favorite place in the world...twice and started to plan our trip back.
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 11:00 PM