I am finally reporting some good news. It seems as though lately all I have been doing is complaining. I apologize. Here is some good news:
Monday, March 03, 2008
1. I finally have a return flight from Orlando. It leaves in the early evening so that means that we have an additional morning/afternoon to spend there. The only down side is that we will not be arriving back in Calgary until almost midnight so my Dear Nathan will have to miss an extra day of work.
2. As I posted about already, I have a new computer. I love that I can sit here in the living room, watch Roo do her new puzzles, blog, search for dinner recipes (we are having Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet tonight) and altogether ignore my housework all from the comfort of my new armchair.
3. I have new furniture. Roo and I were playing on our cheap Ikea furniture the other day and well....we broke it. That same night my Dear Nathan took me shopping for and bought me some new leather furniture. Couch, loveseat and chair. The chair is very comfy, I think that it is now officially mine. No one else is permitted to sit here.
4. I have a new t.v. Since we bought our furniture from The Brick we also got in on the "buy this set and get a free t.v. deal". Even better is that it is not some shitty unknown brand. It is a new, fancy Panasonic HD Plasma. It is very purdy.
5. I have a new van. Circus music be damned! My family is finally riding in comfort. We have already packed it full of $800.00 worth of Costco groceries and filled every seat with children! I even got to use the Stow 'n' Go feature!
6. I am finished with birthday parties in my house until July. Camryn had her birthday party yesterday so I am officially finished until Roo's birthday. Thank god too, because if I eat anymore cake I am sure that I will gain back every ounce of the 1o pounds that I have lost. Which leads me to my next point.....
7. I have been on Weight Watchers for 8 weeks now. As of last Thursday I have lost a total of 10.4 pounds. I have faithfully gone to my meetings even knowing that I have had a (or a string of many) horrible weekend(s). I have not been exercising like I should be but I am ready to get back in that routine. I am going to go shopping for some new shoes later on this afternoon.
8. I have somewhat organized my kitchen. I finally have most of my cupboards organized. I received new dishes for my birthday from my Mom (I love my new pattern!) so they were the catalyst to finally using the very top shelf of my cupboards, even if I can't reach them without a ladder.
9. The Sears repairman came and ordered a new icemaker. He did not try to fuck around and make it work. He did not question my Dear Nathan's plumbing skills (in relation to hooking up the water line for the fridge) and he did not just take the damn thing out, flip it over a few times, re-install it and then leave my house with his fingers crossed that he turned it the right way to magically repair it.
10. I am getting linoleum down my back stairs. There is nasty, nasty carpet on them currently. It was gross when we moved in and I have to admit that we have not improved the situation any. We will still have to live with the carpeted walls (this will be explained when I post pics after the lino is in) but at least the cats have a climbing wall.
All in all, things have been good around here. We did not win the lottery and we will both have to work our balls off to pay for the above list but we are happy. Now if I could just get laid.... :)
Posted by Mamma Schmoo at 10:46 AM