Monday, November 19, 2012

Just When I Thought...

As per my other update about Darian, things are going well right now.  We have been on the same dosage of medications of a few months.  Until today.

Darian has to have regular blood work done while on these medications.  Both to ensure that she is on a therapeutic level and to monitor for certain side effects.

One of the side effects of the anti-psychotic medication she is on is low white blood cell count.  Hers came up low on a recent blood test so the psychiatrist wanted another test to confirm.  Turns out the medication is having an adverse affect on her.  Effect today we are weaning off for the next 3 days as she is unable to continue with this medication that she has been taking for over a year.

We are starting a new medication in 4 days.  It is brand new.  To us and on the market.  It has been available for only a month.  We, of course, are starting on a low dosage.  This makes me nervous.  This will put her (and us) at risk of having a manic/depressive episode.  I am hoping that this will not be the case and that all the worry I am feeling right now will be for nothing.


3 comments:

Cammy said...

Blogger ate my comment yesterday. Bad blogger. Anyway, wanted to send you a virtual hug and to wish that the transition goes as smoothly as possible.

Joel said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Joel
JHouston791@gmail.com

Yang Kuo said...

Blogger ate my comment yesterday. Bad blogger. Anyway, wanted to send you a virtual hug and to wish that the transition goes as smoothly as possible.



ทางบ้าน